SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
CAMCSI fosters mutual appreciation for the richness and complexities of contemporary Arab and Muslim cultures.
YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT WILL...
- Attract leading faculty to the university through endowed professorships whose acumen will draw top students. $1 million in endowed funds will yield $40,000 per year to enhance base faculty pay.
- Attract top graduate students through an endowed fellowship program. $50,000 will generate $20,000 per year to support graduate students whose UNT home departments align with the mission of the Institute.
- Provide scholarships for students to study traditional and contemporary Arab art, journalism and culture in regions of the Arab and Muslim worlds. An endowment of $500,000 will provide four $5,000 scholarships per year.
- Create an elite faculty fellowship endowment with $500,000 to provide $20,000 per year to support faculty research in the four CAMCSI research and program areas.
- Establish an endowment of $500,000 which will generate $20,000 per year for an annual conference, lecture series, or workshop in support of Institute initiatives in visual art, media or culture.
- Support the acquisition of library materials to support the study of contemporary Arab and Muslim cultures and to establish a digital portal to further distinguish the institute’s work and make that work available internationally.
- Support the purchase of Arab or Muslim art to enhance UNT-based collections and exhibitions. Gifts and in-kind gifts of cultural artifacts also are encouraged.
- Support purchase of equipment, hiring of personnel, creation of curricula and purchase of studio materials for visual arts and media programs.
- Support the Institute’s director and an assistant, $5 million in endowed funds will generate $200,000 per year for salary support.
To contribute to CAMCSI, contact Nada Shabout at email@example.com.